Books I'm Thankful For
There are quite a few books I am immensely thankful for and since today is Thanksgiving I have decided to list a few of those books today! I also would like to say Happy Thanksgiving!
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - This book is one I will forever be grateful for. This book was my gateway to reading and when I read this, my life changed. It made me want to be a writer and it also made me need to reread the series over and over and over again. I have literally no idea where I would be without this series.
- The Rainbow Magic series by Daisy Meadows - This was the first series I enjoyed as a kid! I would read these books all the time and I would always get them at the library and include them in my summer reading and I loved them and I have considered buying one for fun and for the memories and to save for a future child. These books were a big deal to younger me and I specifically remember the smell of the children's section at the library and where exactly these books were.
- The Maze Runner series by James Dashner - This was one of the first series I read after Harry Potter and it introduced me to a bunch of other books. I need to reread this book series soon because it really changed me when I read it.
- The Hunger Games by Susan Collins - This series is a lot like The Maze Runner with it being read after Harry Potter and was one of my favorites of the time!
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill - This was one of the books I read when I was actually starting to become more of a reader and I loved it when I read it.
- The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani - This like the book above was right at the cusp of me becoming a full-on booknerd.
- The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson - This is one of the first books I read that I was recommended by a Booktuber and this, as a result, made me fall over the edge and become the reader I am now. I read this book and all I wanted to do was read for the rest of my life!
- The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer - This series like the Remnant Chronicles was one of the first that made me want to read more! I read Cinder in 3 days while on vacation because I wanted to read so much!
Overall, without these books, I don't know where I would be. I am so thankful for these books' existence and I hope there will be more on this list in the future! What are some books you are grateful for? I hope you enjoyed! Happy Reading!